Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Missing 43 (Contemporary Issue)

My message with this painting is to bring justice for the 43 missing students in Mexico and how their president is full of curruption. I saw took this opportunity to paint about something many of my classmates had no idea was going on. In USA if 2 students go missing they will do the impossible to find them , but in Mexico it's the government who kills the students. I wanted the painting to be something you didn't want to look at but yet it grabbed your attention and made you want to know more, kinda like the situation of the missing students. We don't want to know about it because it's sad or it makes up furious how the government gets away with this but yet we watch the news because we want to keep up with what's going on. I wrote in white paint #JUSTICIA  which means justice. I made the red drops of color seem like blood to represent the blood that has been shed  that this government has caused. I first printed a picture of the president and painted over it , It is done with acrylics. In the bottom is a printed out picture of the students who are still missing. Only one has been found , dead. He was burned and tortured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment